Take steps toward a better life by attending free Healthy Living workshops at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC) starting on Aug. 22 (through Oct. 3). The classes are designed for individuals with chronic health conditions, or for their caregivers and friends. The workshops, led by trained facilitators, will be offered from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. each Monday for six weeks, in the Sierra Conference Room, on the lower level of the hospital at 400 North Pepper Avenue in Colton.
Who should attend?
* Adults with arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, lung disease, or other health conditions
* Caregivers, family members, or friends of someone with an ongoing health condition
You will learn how to:* Better manage your health
* Set goals and solve problems
* Communicate better with your doctors, family and friends
* Manage your medications
* Reduce stress, pain and lack of sleep
The program was developed by Stanford University for individuals with chronic health conditions and their caregivers. The classes are interactive and offer mutual support designed to build participant’s confidence in their ability to manage their health.
The class is free and open to all. To register, call 909-580-1200. Can’t make it to this session? A new six-week session will begin on Oct. 10 and will run through Nov. 21.