SAN BERNARDINO, California (March 30, 2017) ?—? On March 7, the Inland Adult Education Consortium hosted the 2017 Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG) Regional Training Series at San Bernardino Valley College.
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) and the California Department of Education (CDE) are tasked to work together to implement the requirements outlined in the AEBG, which provides funds to support public education for adults.
Through legislature AB104, the providers of adult education services are working collectively to assist adults striving to advance in their education, gain employment, and improve wages through a comprehensive California partnership at the state level through CDE and CCCCO and in the field through consortia and partners for an alignment of services, as outlined by the state AEBG Office.
Over 100 Southern California educators gathered in SBVC’s Business Conference Center for the AEBG training series on March 7.
SBVC’s AEBG Administrator, Emma Diaz, said the college was chosen to host the training because it is the largest consortium within San Bernardino County, and is centrally located in the heart of the Inland Empire. It was the first time SBVC was asked to host the entire region, and more than 100 people attended two sessions?—?in the morning, AEBG State Representative Neil Kelly covered policy guidance for the AEBG, including a timeline of deliverables, data collection guidelines, and an overview of funding for future years, and in the afternoon, attendees learned about technical submission of the data from Jay Wright, California accountability manager with CASAS.
“It was exciting to host the event for the state AEBG office,” Diaz said. “We had 14 regional consortia from throughout the Southland represented at the event.”
- San Bernardino Valley College Honors Military and Veterans on Campus
- San Bernardino Valley College Invites Community Input on Educational & Facilities Plans
- San Bernardino Valley College Hosts Weeklong Leadership Academy for Young Women
- It’s Time To Register For Fall Classes At San Bernardino Valley and Crafton Hills Colleges
- BLU Educational Foundation Hosts Second Annual Soul Sisters Leadership Academy
Latest from The San Bernardino American
- Publication of Your Privacy in 2017
- Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
- California’s Educators Denounce U.S. House OK of Bill Threatening Vital Health Benefits for Nation’s Students and Families
- Witness For Justice #840 A Reluctant Marcher
- “Instead of Just Diving in I tell you....You Really Ought to Read the Warning Signs!”