Crystal Fuentes was arrested Thursday after striking and killing the child who was crossing Base Line Street in a crosswalk with his family.
"This is every parent's worst nightmare, to lose a child," District Attorney Mike Ramos said. "When I heard about the deadly crash that took the life of 3-year-old Michael Flores, my heart broke for him and his family."
Fuentes is charged with one count of Murder, one count of Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated, one count of Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol - Prior Convictions, one count of Driving with a .08% Blood Alcohol Content - Prior Convictions, and one count of Driving When Privilege Suspended for Prior DUI Conviction.
Arraignment details are still pending (Case # FSB17001651). When arraignment information becomes available, it will be posted on the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Twitter account (@sbcountyda). No further information will be released at this time
Latest from The San Bernardino American
- Healthcare: Who Win’s? Who Loses
- Muslim Teen Assaulted Outside Mosque Found Murdered
- Editorial Boards Across the Country Highlight Trump-GOP Disastrous Health Repeal
- Adelanto gang member convicted of 2009 double murder sentenced to death
- Recovered Crack Addict, Tonier Cain, Hopes Drug Treatment Success Stories Stop Senators From Making Drug Epidemic Worse