Crystal Fuentes was arrested Thursday after striking and killing the child who was crossing Base Line Street in a crosswalk with his family.
"This is every parent's worst nightmare, to lose a child," District Attorney Mike Ramos said. "When I heard about the deadly crash that took the life of 3-year-old Michael Flores, my heart broke for him and his family."
Fuentes is charged with one count of Murder, one count of Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated, one count of Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol - Prior Convictions, one count of Driving with a .08% Blood Alcohol Content - Prior Convictions, and one count of Driving When Privilege Suspended for Prior DUI Conviction.
Arraignment details are still pending (Case # FSB17001651). When arraignment information becomes available, it will be posted on the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Twitter account (@sbcountyda). No further information will be released at this time
Latest from The San Bernardino American
- Publication of Your Privacy in 2017
- Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
- California’s Educators Denounce U.S. House OK of Bill Threatening Vital Health Benefits for Nation’s Students and Families
- Witness For Justice #840 A Reluctant Marcher
- “Instead of Just Diving in I tell you....You Really Ought to Read the Warning Signs!”