The SBVC Veterans Day Celebration took place outside the historic Auditorium, with the North Valley Military Institute Color Guard opening the program, and later performing a silent drill. Dr Ricky Shabazz, Vice President of Student Services, thanked all of the veterans present for their service and sacrifice, and Professor Jeff Demsky spoke about the history and significance of Veterans Day. Student speaker Billy McCoy shared his experience working with the Veterans Resource Center at SBVC, highlighting the help SBVC staff has provided him. A birthday cake for the U.S. Marine Corps, which celebrated its 241st birthday on Thursday, was also cut.
The SBVC Veterans Resources Center assists student veterans attending college for the first time or returning to continue their education. It offers computers for veterans to use, information on military transcripts, veteran-specific scholarships, the GI Bill, and the Yellow Ribbon Program, and referrals to programs in the area that serve veterans.
- San Bernardino Valley College Hosts Regional Adult Education Consortium
- San Bernardino Valley College Invites Community Input on Educational & Facilities Plans
- San Bernardino Valley College Hosts Weeklong Leadership Academy for Young Women
- It’s Time To Register For Fall Classes At San Bernardino Valley and Crafton Hills Colleges
- BLU Educational Foundation Hosts Second Annual Soul Sisters Leadership Academy
Latest from The San Bernardino American
- Healthcare: Who Win’s? Who Loses
- Muslim Teen Assaulted Outside Mosque Found Murdered
- Editorial Boards Across the Country Highlight Trump-GOP Disastrous Health Repeal
- Adelanto gang member convicted of 2009 double murder sentenced to death
- Recovered Crack Addict, Tonier Cain, Hopes Drug Treatment Success Stories Stop Senators From Making Drug Epidemic Worse